3D Generalist / Animator
MG Lomb Advertising is seeking a 3D Generalist / Animator for our Rochester, NY agency. Candidates must have strong 3D animation capabilities and the ability to work on a team, to fulfill projects from conceptualization through final work. To interview, we‘ll need to see samples of your original work (before the interview), with review and discussion of your work during the interview.
We are a fun but focused agency. You’ll work hard, but greatly enjoy the work that you do and the people you’re working with. Projects are sometimes big and other times small. We develop creative for large international companies like L3Harris Corporation, Mattel, Fisher-Price and SiriusXM Radio and many smaller companies. The variety keeps it fun, but you’ll need to work on multiple projects at the same time. Never a dull moment!
This position will challenge the selected candidate to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Creation of highly realistic 3D animated product videos (with a specific emphasis on animation timing, editing and compositing), and motion graphic videos, are the daily work. Ability to handle a comprehensive range of 3D development; object modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, rendering, is a must. Abilities with traditional video editing applications, and sound/music editing are helpful. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are critical to the position. And finally, our agency works as a team; we are looking for a team player, who is respectful of what others bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Presentation skills, a strong portfolio, and examples of your original work
- Proficiency with 3D Max, or similar 3D animating application
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Mature comprehension of quality creative (ability to distinguish good work from bad)
- Ability to create quality 3D models, from scratch, or from CAD input
- Ability to texture and color 3D models, to a high level of realism
- Ability to create basic rigs for animation
- Ability to create complex 3D actions: flowing water, particulates, other similar effects
- Ability to generate sketch storyboards, for critique and refinement
- Be punctual, responsible and able to lead a project
- Strong commitment to a team effort (and be able to work on a team)
Our ideal candidate will display an interest in becoming a long-term member of our team with a vigorous effort towards furthering the growth of our agency. Our agency provides health insurance, 401K upon full eligibility, paid standard U.S. holidays and vacation. Work environment is a creative atmosphere with exposure to a wide variety of projects.
Candidates should forward their resumes here.
Have a project?
What OUR customers are saying
Big Show is going on right now! The final proof is how the customer receives them; but, so far I have heard only positive reviews.
Thanks again for the great support from the MGLomb team!
This is killer. Looks amazing. I honestly do not have any changes or notes. Thank you very much for this. Please tell the team they did an incredible job.
Thanks again for another successful delivery.
We have worked with MG Lomb now on several projects, each one progressively more complicated than the last. Work ranging from video animations to complex interactive experiences. On each occasion, … read more
This is a very good animation that I think we should all be able to benefit from. We have been receiving a lot of very good comments from customers, users and new potential business. We have also … read more
The instrument and TRT looks freakin’ fantastic!!! I speak highly to [mutual client] about you guys. But I guess they already know that you are great, and this last animation took us to the moon and back!!
Nice job – many kudos!!!